VirtualBox 4.1.8 Build 75467 Final (24-12-2011)
VirtualBox 4.1.8 Build 75467 Final
VirtualBox - program to run on the same computer multiple virtual operating systems. This is a convenient and functional tools for virtualization, kahk at corporate and home users. The program supports many different guest operating systems family of Windows (NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7), as well as DOS, Linux and OpenBSD. As in other similar applications, there exists the possibility to start and stop the guest OS, configure the use of computer resources, data exchange between host and guest operating system, taking screenshots of virtual systems and much more.
- VirtualBox can run as a GUI-interface or through command line.
- To extend the functions of the program has developed a special set of SDK.
- Parameters of the virtual machines are described in XML format and does not depend on the physical computer on which the system works. Therefore, the virtual computer format VirtalBox easily transferred from one PC to another.
- When using the "guest" computer operating systems, Windows or Linux, you can use special tools which substantially facilitate switching between the physical and virtual computers.
- For a quick exchange of files between the guest and the physical PC, you can create so-called "shared folders" (Shared folders), which are simultaneously accessible from both of these machines.
- VirtualBox allows you to connect USB-devices to virtual machines, allowing virtual machines to work with them directly.
- VirtualBox fully supports the remote access RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol). The virtual machine can act as RDP-server, allowing you to control it remotely.
VMM: fixed VERR_MAP_FAILED during savestate under certain circumstances (bug # 7929)
GUI: stop updating the VM status icons when the VM is paused (bug # 8368)
VBoxManage: fixed wrong return code after startvm (bug # 9642)
BIOS: fixed hang at launch of DOS applications generated by Clipper 5.3 (note that hardware virtualization may be required)
USB: fixed OS / 2 boot hang when using recent USB drivers
NAT: increase maximum number of parallel connections making connections with port forwarding more robust (# 8471)
Metrics: fixed potential problem with invalid access in guest metrics collection upon VM destruction
Main: don't crash if a medium is ejected twice (bug # 9922)
VBoxSVC: fixed crash under rare circumstances (eg client crash)
VRDP: fixed screen freeze (bug # 9620)
OVF / OVA: fixed broken disk images on import under rare circumstances
OVF / OVA: better error message when importing corrupted appliances
VMDK / VHD: fixed a possible corruption with host cache disabled when using snapshots under rare circumstances (bug # 9749)
3D Support: Fixed fullscreen mode issues for ATI graphics (bug # 9775), Windows Media Player rendering for XPDM-based Direct3D support (bug # 8341). Multiple fixes to XPDM and WDDM - based 3D support for Windows Guests and for 3D support in general
Linux hosts: fixes for Fedoras Linux 2.6.41 (bug # 9948)
Linux hosts / guests: fixes for Linux 3.2 (bug # 9743)
Solaris Additions: various shared folder fixes (bugs # 9856, # 9862, # 9917)
Windows Additions: various fixes for Direct3D support (un) installation, added detection of missing or wrong Direct3D system files
Operating System: Windows 7, 2000, XP, and Vista. 32/64bit version
Forums TOS: The owners,
administrators, and moderators of this Forums will not be held liable for any
objectionable messages posted on this forum, members are responsible for the
liabilities of their own posts. The owners of this Forums reserve the right to
remove, edit, move or close any thread or message for any reason but are not
compelled to do so unless they deem it to be necessary. It is impossible or us
to review all messages. If you are a company and noticed any
copyrighted material, please let us know right away.